English 5
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Elizabeth I family Tree

Elizabeth I family Tree Empty Elizabeth I family Tree

Mensaje  Sandybells Lun Oct 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Hiii! I just found this picture of Elizabeth I family tree.

Elizabeth I family Tree Family_tree

According to Enciclopedia Cumbre, The Tudor dynasty or House of Tudor was a prominent European royal house of Welsh origin that ruled the Kingdom of England and its realms, including the Lordship and Kingdom of Ireland, from 1485 until 1603.

Henry VII married Elizabeth of York on 18 January 1486 at Westminster, they had seven children: Arthur Tudor, Prince of Wales, Henry VIII, King of England, Margaret Tudor, Mary Tudor, Elizabeth Tudor, Edmund Tudor, Duke of Somerset and Katherine Tudor, last three died young.

Arthur married Catherine of Aragon in 1501, but when Arthur die she married again Henry VIII and having a child, Mary, after that Henry would marry more times, first with Anne Boleyn and they had Elizabeth I Queen of England from 17 November 1558 until her death. Sometimes called The Virgin Queen, Gloriana, or Good Queen Bess, Elizabeth was the fifth and last monarch of the Tudor dynasty.
Henry married again, his new wife was Jane Seymour and had a child Edward VI. Henry married another 3 times before his death.

Margaret Tudor married James IV of Scotland and had a child named James V of Scotland, while Mary Tudor married Charles Brandon an had a girl, they called her Frances Brandon.

The Tudor line failed in 1603 with the death of Elizabeth I of England, who died without issue. Through secret negotiations with her cousin James, King of Scotland, (whose great-grandmother was Henry VIII's elder sister, Margaret) Elizabeth arranged the succession of the House of Stuart to the English throne, uniting the Kingdoms of England and Scotland in a personal union.
Sandybells
Sandybells
New
New